Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Dutch Bros Anniversaries

I have a weird thing with dates. I remember them quite well, and I can tell when I'm nearing a date that has some sort of significance even if I don't remember what happened on that date right off the bat. Around my birthday I had the strongest feeling that the anniversary of when I was hired at Dutch Bros was coming up. For some reason, it was a big deal to me to find out what day it was. I found the date in my journal, and for some reason I subconsciously counted down the days until it came.

On November 18th, 2016, I had walked into a local hotel where Dutch Bros had scheduled their interview party to hire employees to launch DB Everett.

On November 18th, 2016, I walked into the room with messy hair and food on my shirt, because I didn't expect an interview. I only thought I was dropping off an application. I had no idea how much these people would mean to me. How much my life would change because of Dutch. How much I would change in the year to come.

"I wouldn't come to work like this," I remember saying to Sammers, the one who looked like she was in charge. "But I didn't know I was going to have an interview." She just said she was glad to meet me and gave me hug. She made me feel special and I loved her instantly.

They were conducting 5-minute interviews of over fifty candidates that day, but I waited only around 10 minutes before they called my name and I was led into the office room with a panel of five interviewers, Teal and JD, Kate, and some guys I didn't see again. Sammers and the other ladies and gents that were entertaining in that main room said "Good luck". In the interview, I felt like I fit right in. We joked together, laughed together, and the interview went by quickly.

On November 19th, 2016, Teal called me and said I pretty much had the job, we just needed to meet again to have a second interview and discuss scheduling.

On November 20th, 2016, which I remember being a Sunday, I had a second interview with Teal at our stand and she told me they usually do a second interview, and ask more questions, but they knew I was hired and so they didn't do that with me. She just discussed the shifts and how they could build a schedule around my school schedule and such.

On Monday, November 21st, I had orientation and received paperwork to fill out and my manifesto to memorize in a week.

On November 28th, training began! There was a 2-week period of training prior to our stand opening on December 13th, 2016. It's almost been a full year since our stand has been running smoothly!


Until next time friends,

Holls B Jolls


No comments:

Post a Comment