Saturday, November 18, 2017

Birthday Blessings

On Saturday I turned 19 years old! Today I want to talk about what my family and I did to celebrate. It's a big age. Maybe it doesn't seem or feel as big as, say, 16 or 18, but it's my LAST YEAR as a teenager! WHAT. Next year I'll turn 20. Then I'm REALLY an adult. I can't use the excuse of being a teenager for everything I try to get away with.

WHAT.

Thursday night, my classmates sang me happy birthday. My birthday this year fell on a Saturday. Because I worked 11:45-6:30 on my birthday, we began the celebrations on Friday. My mom gave me money, and my sister and I shopped at the Everett mall (Old Navy and Burlington primarily), ate dinner (she got enchiladas and I got soft tacos), and got some tasty sorbet at the new froyo shop inside the mall.


Then, we watched Thor: Ragnarock Friday night with the whole family. Marvel movies are our favorite. We always see all the newest Marvel/Avengers movies in the theaters as a family. I usually see Thor movies for my birthday each year because they come out in November. This movie did not disappoint! It was hilarious and very entertaining.

On the day of my birthday, I woke up around 7:30am (as much as I tried, I couldn't sleep in), and I opened presents from my mom and siblings. My sister made me a fancy H with 19 things she loves about me, chocolate, and a jar she made as a pencil holder. She also picked out some flowers my mom bought for me. A couple brothers got me homemade cards, and one of my brothers bought me a scarf. My parents got me gloves, hats, a gift card to Half Price Books, chocolate, and an umbrella (the necessities). They also gave me money to buy whatever at the mall the day before. I was trying to buy these things I needed (hats, umbrella), but Sydnie told me not to, and so I pretty much knew what I was getting from them. Haha. 

I worked from 11:45 to 6:30, but I had a great time having fun with friends and customers, and dancing to good music. Around the time when my shift ended, my manager/franchisee Teal, my assistant manager Sam, as well as one of my shift leads, Maddie, surprised me with flowers and a present.



After my shift, I discovered that my family's car had broke down and my mom wasn't able to pick me up from work. Unfortunantely, this meant that I had to take the bus home and we didn't get to eat at the restaurant I had picked out for my birthday dinner. But it was okay. We walked home from the bus stop together, ate pizza, had brownies with frosting and watched This is Us until after 11.

On Sunday, we walked to an Indian restaurant because they were having a lunch buffet, and ate there. It was a great relaxed day.


I felt so loved and celebrated. It's definitely a day I won't forget.

Not every day is perfect. But each day has it's share of perfect moments.



Take care, friends.

H.L.W


No comments:

Post a Comment