Wednesday, November 22, 2017

$10 and Under Half Price Books Haul

On the 18th I went to Half Price Books to spend the $25 gift card my mom bought me for my birthday. There were a few books I have wanted to add to my collection for a while, and then I love to look around to see new things from authors I love or classics I've heard of and have always wanted to read.

I wanted some specific books, but didn't have much in mind. I hadn't shopped for books in a while so I was excited to look around. I primarily wanted to get Wonder (one of my favorite books), and the last Eragon books I didn't already have to add to my collection. I ended up getting lots more than I originally anticipated, and I didn't get everything I wanted, but I'm so excited about my purchases.


  • Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee. This book is kind of a sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird, but also can be a standalone. Mockingbird is one of my favorites, and although I haven't read Watchman yet, I'm excited to start it very soon. $8
  • Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. It was only $1 but I actually already owned it. I guess it's one I'll add to a box for my future classroom, or donate to a school near me. 
  • Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins. This is the fifth and final installment of the Gregor the Overlander series, the only one I didn't own. My sister, brother, and I have all read and love this series. My 11-year-old brother is currently reading them. $5

  • Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. I haven't read many of Dickens' works, including this one, but I want to read more classics, and I've heard such great things about Oliver Twist that I'm sure I'll love it. 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-glass (a collection), by Lewis Carroll. I also haven't read these classics, but I've wanted to for a long time. $3

Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys (a collection), by Louisa May Alcott. I read Little Women when I was much younger, and I've wanted to reread it. I'm excited to read the sequels. $8

Eragon ($7) and Inheritance ($10) by Christopher Paolini. These are the first and last books in the Inheritance Cycle, I already own the middle two, but these were missing. Now I have the full set! My sister, dad and I read these books years ago and we all love them. They are classics to us. 





I didn't get Wonder, because of the new movie coming out, they had all brand new copies that were about $15+. It's cheaper on Amazon (around $12), so that's where I'll be buying it.


Now you know how much I spent on books (my gift card did not cover it all). But I wanted to include prices because I think Half Price usually has great deals and lots of people don't realize they have great stuff too.


Keep reading adventurers,

H.L.W.


No comments:

Post a Comment