Saturday, December 9, 2017

Favorite Christmas Songs

My mom is very strict about Christmas music, and the Christmas season in general. We are not able to listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. Even if we SING Christmas music before Thanksgiving, or on Thanksgiving day, we must stop. This year, I needed it. Christmas music gives me peace. It makes me feel quiet, like the world has slowed down, kind of like snow does itself. So this year I listened to it in secret the week before Thanksgiving, at school while I was doing homework, or in my bunny shed where no one but me and the rabbits could hear. That way I could enjoy it and my mom's Thanksgiving holiday wouldn't be tainted.

My friend Connie told me the other day, as we were listening to Christmas music at work, that when people ask her why she's so happy, her answer is, "Because I listen to Christmas music all year long."

Christmas music is special. Some specific songs or artists are more special to me than others, but all Christmas music becomes an anthem for the season.

Winter Snow by Chris Tomlin ft. Audrey Assad


All of Bing Crosby's Christmas songs!


Silver Bells


Love Came Down at Christmas by Jars of Clay


It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! by Dean Martin

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by Fracesca Battestelli


A Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives


The Christmas Songs album by Jars of Clay


The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting) by Celine Dion


All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey


Go Tell it on the Mountain by Tenth Avenue North


Michael Buble Christmas album


Deck the Halls


Jingle Bells


Have a Holly Jolly Christmas,

H.L.W

No comments:

Post a Comment